One of the most important tools we have for our businesses is our computers and access to the internet, especially as more and more people are starting to realize that they can break free from traditional career roles and branch out on their own. Our computers are our miracle access to just about everything necessary to run our business. That being said, computer eye strain is a huge issue for people who spend hours on the computer.
Common symptoms of computer eye strain include:
- Watery or Dry eyes
- Tire, burning, or itching eyes
- Eye twitch
- Minor headaches
- Sensitivity to light
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling that you cannot keep your eyes open
How to Solve Computer Eye Strain
The miracle marketing team knows that the wellness of your holy triad (mind, body, and spirit) are essential to your output as a business person and as human in general. Neglecting any of these areas means you’re not working toward becoming your highest self.
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” -Buddha
We ventured out to find out ways to help us cure our computer eye strain, and we had heard a good word about this one incredibly helpful tool.
After picking out and purchasing our pairs of blue light blocking computer glasses from Amazon, we waited until they were shipped to us and then immediately tried them out.
Right away we noticed a difference when working on our computers and looking through the screen. The computer screens were somehow softer to look at and over-all just gave a sense of relief to the team.
“I’ve been wearing mine for about 4 hours now, and usually I’d have dry and itchy eyes by now. I actually feel like I’ve gotten more done because I haven’t even thought about my eyes once, and I usually complain about them to myself every hour or so. Seems to be working for my phone screen too! Yay, now I won’t need glass eyes by the time I’m thirty.” says miracle marketing founder Mikaela Delia.
We all swear by them, here are some other notable reviews as well:
“These glasses are exactly what I hoped they would be! They are perfect for working on my computer without being concerned about the blue light damaging my eyes or interfering with my melanin before sleep. I even bought a second pair with no magnification for watching TV for the same reasons. Very happy with the glasses and since they’re clear, I don’t look like some sort of yellow-eyed bug… We all know our eyes are precious and can’t be replaced, so do yourself a favor, buy these glasses or something similar, so when you’re old you’ll still be able to see!” – Amazon Review
Amazon offers a variety of different options for glasses, but all of them come highly reviewed by desk-dwelling professionals. If you business is mostly online, do yourself and your staff a favor an invest in a pair of these babies.
Other Tips to Avoid Computer Eye Strain
- Make sure your computer screen is about 25 inches, or an arm’s length, away from your face. The center of the screen should be about 10-15 degrees below eye level.
- Cut glare by using a matte screen filter. You can find them for all types of computers, phones, and tablets.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at an object at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Take a longer break of about 15 minutes after every 2 hours you spend on your devices.
- Use artificial tears to refresh your eyes when they feel dry.
- Try putting a humidifier in the room where you most often use a computer or other device.
- Make sure the lighting in the room you’re in is bright enough. You don’t want your device to be brighter than the surroundings.
- If you wear contact lenses, give your eyes a break by wearing your glasses.
- Get regular eye exams. You might need to use a different pair of glasses when you’re working on a computer.
Small changes and investments to help improve your work flow and your body’s ability to do that work flow is key in making miracles!